If you’re putting something together about the Munich Oktoberfest (or an Octoberfest event in another part of the world) you might be looking for Oktoberfest clipart.
Yep, you can provide the words, but a couple of illustrations might be just the thing to top off your Oktoberfest party invitations, your Oktoberfest school assignment or your "them was the days!" Oktoberfest memories scrapbook.
But where in the name of Princess Therese Charlotte Luise of Saxony-Hildburghausen (phew!) can you find the stuff?
Get yourself seated and relax, as I’ve already scoured the web to find where the best free, almost free and darn pricey Oktoberfest clip art is to be had.
- www.123gif.de - Has a small collection of Oktoberfest illustrations, some are even moving gif files like the one pictured here. All totally free, woohoo!
- webclipart.about.com - Has a limited choice of computer-generated Oktoberfest illustrations put together by Bobbie Peachey. You have to click around a bit, but they’re not too bad. If you use the illustrations on a website he asks you to add a link back to the site.
- www.istockphoto.com - I think this is the best one on the web. Click the tab for "illustrations", type in Oktoberfest and away you go, an awesome collection of beautiful Oktoberfest clipart.
You have to make an account and pay for your pics using istockphoto’s own in-house credits.
- www.clipart.com - Just run a search for Oktoberfest and there you have it. With this kind of site, you can buy a subscription allowing you to download as many illustrations as you want over a set time period.
- www.fotosearch.de - This is a more expensive one based in Germany, but still might be worth a look.
- www.mygrafico.com - this site has an Oktoberfest clip art collection for US$5 at the bottom of this page.
So there you have it!
Have fun putting together your Oktoberfest invitations or whatever and remember: lederhosen is sexy, beer tastes good and hangovers wear off.
Every once in a while a book comes along that changes your life.
Until it does, please consider buying Destination Munich and Bavaria, the grooviest, most informative guide on the market :-)
It'll give you full-colour maps, practical info and hundreds of tips on how to get the most out of your visit.
It's 227 pages of up-to-the-minute travel intelligence and it can be yours as an eBook for less than the price of an Oktoberfest beer. (read on)
• Jump to the Munich Oktoberfest index - all stories and descriptions listed here
• Return to the Munich Festivals main page
• Jump from Oktoberfest Clipart back to Destination Munich Home