TOURS OF BAVARIA: My partners at the travel company Viator offer some of the best tours around Bavaria money can buy.
Taking an organised tour has a lot of advantages - you can avoid the hassle of public transport, meet fellow travellers and you get an entertaining tour guide who’s there to explain everything and enrich the whole experience.
So, what are you waiting for? Get out there and see Bavaria!
TOURS OF BAVARIA: The very photogenic
royal castle, Schloss Neuschwanstein.
I've split the tour options into four broad categories:
1. The Royal Castles - Visit the "Fairy-Tale King" King Ludwig's fantastical creations.
2. Alpine Glory - Breathe the fresh mountain air of the Bavarian Alps.
3. Across the border to Austria - Sorties into Germany's lofty neighbour state.
4. Up the road - Journeys along the Romantic Road - Germany's loveliest tourist trail.
5. Why don't you sleep over? - Multi-day adventures between Neuschwanstein Castle in Bavaria's deep south all the way up the Romantic Road to Frankfurt.
Cost: from €47 Duration: about 11 hours Hitler’s generals had an elaborate birthday gift built for their master - the Eagle’s Nest. You’ll get to see it on this tour to Berchtesgaden, an Alpine region near Salzburg many people think is Bavaria’s most beautiful corner. There’s also the option of visiting some subterranean salt mines and see an underground lake. (Read more about the tour)
Cost: from €35 Duration: 9.5 hours Salzburg is one my favourite European cities – small, but cosmopolitan and oh so beautiful. The whole place just looks incredibly dramatic. The old-town is filled with cobbled alleys and classic architecture and surrounded by huge hills, one crowed with a gleaming white castle. On this rail day-trip from Munich you’ll have time to explore the city of Mozart at a relaxed pace accompanied by a guide. (Read more about the tour)
If you have questions relating to these tours of Bavaria, I’ll try to help you out. But Destination Munich is just a booking partner of Viator, so your best bet is to contact them directly. You can do that through their contact page here.
• Like an organized tour of Munich? Check out Tours in Munich for walking tours, Dachau tours and airport transfers in Munich. • Go from Tours of Bavaria to get some more ideas at day-trips from Munich. • Jump from Tours of Bavaria back to Destination Munich Home.
Tours in Munich