Munich transport maps
Know where you are with these Munich transport maps
Here are links to maps of the Munich transportation network. It's administered by the MVV (Münchner Verkehrs- und Tarifverbund). There's almost always a maps provided on the walls of train and subway stations, but it's a good idea to print out a few just in case.
You can check public transport schedules on the official website here.
The public transport maps you might need in the city are:
1. Suburban train and subway map - The most common (and useful) transport map showing the U-Bahn and S-Bahn routes. If you only have one transport map on hand while you're in Munich, make it this one!
2. Inner zone complete map - This one shows all the subways, suburban trains and trams that traverse the city's Innenraum (Inner zone). It's a little confusing, but it sure is detailed.
3. Munich trams - This map shows where the trams go around Munich. As you can see, they all cross through the Main Train Station (Hauptbahnhof) / Karlsplatz axis.
4. Nightline map - Out for a late one? This map shows the tram and bus routes that service the city in the wee hours.
5. Nightline timetable (currently not available) - And here are the timetables for the night services. As you can see, you may have to change at Karlsplatz (the main interchange station) depending on where in the city you are.
Every once in a while a book comes along that changes your life.
Until it does, please consider buying Destination Munich and Bavaria, the grooviest, most informative guide on the market :-)
It'll give you full-colour maps, practical info and hundreds of tips on how to get the most out of your visit.
It's 285 pages of up-to-the-minute travel intelligence and it can be yours as an eBook for less than the price of an Oktoberfest beer. (read on
Sharing is sexy! Know how to RSS it? Subscribe here:
Spread the love and tell a pal about this particular page....
...Or you can join our social groups...