Luxury Munich hotels
LUXURY MUNICH HOTELS: Munich’s handful of “five-star superior” hotels are lavish landmarks.
Expect the works – large private rooms, spa centres, sweeping views, theatres, a choice of restaurants and bars and, of course, price tags to match.
These hotels are almost all in the city centre and you can pay anything from €200 to €2000 a night! If money’s no object here's where you can live it up.
I've done a few in-depth luxury Munich hotel reviews, click on the link to get the low-down:
TOP SHELF: Possibly Munich's most exclusive address - the Hotel Vier Jahreszeiten Kempinski.
▪ Sofitel Munich Bayerpost -
Cavernous yet cosy number next to the train station. Check Prices
▪ The Charles Hotel
– Newby with sweeping park views. Check Prices
▪ Bayerischer Hof –
Sprawling and beautiful, rooftop spa is amazing. Check Prices
▪ Flemings Hotel Munich (München) City
– Clean, but featureless hotel among the train station cluster.
▪ Courtyard by Marriot Munich City Center
– A nicely-done newcomer.
▪ Maritim Hotel Munich
– Luxurious interiors hidden from the street.
A few other top choices among luxury Munich hotels:
Five-star or five-star superior
▪ Hotel Vier Jahreszeiten Kempinski – Best location on Munich’s “Golden Mile” – Maximillian Strasse.
The Details Address Maximilian Strasse 17 Phone 089 21 252 700
▪ Hotel Königshof – Going strong since the 1860s.
The Details: Address Karlsplatz 25 Phone 089 551 360
▪ Drei Lowen Hotel Munich
- A good-value, business-oriented hotel south of the Main Train Station.
Schiller Strasse 8 Phone
089 551 11 10
▪ Platzl Hotel –
A Munich institution with an enviable location overlooking the same-named square where the Höfbrauhaus
resides. Excellent Bavarian menu at the hotel restaurant.
Sparkassen Strasse 10 Phone
089 237 030
▪ King’s Hotels (Center and First Class) – Has two hotels, one three, the other four stars just north of the train station. Décor is a tad gaudy, but well done.
Address for King’s Hotel First Class Dachauer Strasse 13 Phone 089 551 870Website for both hotels www.kingshotels.com
▪ Hotel Excelsior Munich A ridiculously well-decorated hotel with a wine-focussed restaurant, the Vinothek, and a bar. It’s opposite the Main Train Station.
Address Schützen Strassse 11 Phone 089 55 1370
Every once in a while a book comes along that changes your life.
Until it does, please consider buying Destination Munich and Bavaria, the grooviest, most informative guide on the market :-)
It'll give you full-colour maps, practical info and hundreds of tips on how to get the most out of your visit.
It's 285 pages of up-to-the-minute travel intelligence and it can be yours as an eBook for less than the price of an Oktoberfest beer. (read on
Sharing is sexy! Know how to RSS it? Subscribe here:
Spread the love and tell a pal about this particular page....
...Or you can join our social groups...